Chilmark Bight: Allscripts, Cerner, Epic Fall 2018 User Meetings
This fall, the three largest EHR vendors by revenue, Allscripts, Cerner and Epic, held their user conferences. This research note provides an overview of each vendor’s strategic intent, areas of future focus and our assessment.
- Across all vendors, EHR development resources are on the wane. EHR focus is on usability improvements and moving to cloud-hosted solutions with wrap-around services.
- Dominant message: Ensure clients are extracting highest value from their EHR – little agreement among vendors as to how that value is measured.
- RCM is the near-term extensible app opportunity for Cerner and Allscripts.
- All vendors tout their patient engagement capabilities. Cerner will follow Allscripts moving to an EHR-agnostic patient engagement platform.
- Strong investments in value-based care/population health capabilities, including services. Chief differentiator is the analytics platform they run on.
Please share your contact information below to receive a copy of this Chilmark Bight.