Current Team Openings
Are you excited about the changes currently taking place in the healthcare industry? Do you enjoy writing and staying up to date on the newest developments in the healthcare ecosystem? Does influencing market trends and technology adoption to improve care outcomes meet your definition of a civic duty?
The healthcare industry is in the midst of widespread transformation, with Chilmark Research at the forefront guiding organizations through this chaotic period. As an IT analyst firm focused solely on the healthcare sector, we identify what is and – just as importantly – what is not working with regards to IT systems. With so many new technologies coming to market, it is our responsibility to highlight the good and the bad to help end-users make strategically sound and effective decisions.
Since its founding in 2007, Chilmark Research has rapidly established itself as one of the leading analyst firms focused on the healthcare sector. Our HIE and Clinical Analytics Market Trends reports are two of the most well-regarded publications of their type, used extensively for strategic insights by upper management of health care organizations, investment houses, and technology vendors. Our growth and reputation requires us to seek individuals who can develop into top-notch analysts and help us achieve our long-term growth objectives. However, not just anyone can become a Chilmark analyst. We are looking for bright individuals who share our social mission and our passionate belief that health IT can contribute to improving the healthcare delivery process, and ultimately catalyze massive improvements in patient outcomes. It is this shared passion that guides us in delivering the best research in the business.
If you want to help move the needle in healthcare, and love to write, then please apply to learn more about our available positions.
How to Apply
If you feel qualified for any of these positions, please send a resume and email cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with a good (read: smart/catchy) subject line. If you are applying for an analyst position, please also submit three writing samples. We will notify all applicants when a decision has been made on their candidacy.
Senior Analyst / Director
A senior analyst would help manage our research calendar for the year and select Domain areas for expansion through close collaboration with our Managing Director and the rest of the Chilmark team. It will be expected that this individual bring their years of industry experience to bear by writing high-quality, insightful reports and posts. Whereas we expect an analyst to need some training in how we write and view the market, a Senior Analyst will be ready to hit the ground running. This person will have held senior roles that have provided them opportunities to see how strategies are changing for delivering better care through implementation of better healthcare IT tools and products.
- Strong strategic background in healthcare (5-10 years in senior roles), with an understanding of how shifting market and policy dynamics affect technology needs and adoption. This experience will be key to shaping our research agenda and identifying areas of expansion.
- Ability to write objective, informative and insightful reports covering a given Domain or multiple Domains. You will also bring this to bear when editing and advising other analysts on the Chilmark team.
- A significant network in the industry to help identifying new avenues for sales and growth.
- Fundamental understanding of how an Analyst organization like Chilmark conducts business and adds value to this industry. Need to be able to hit the ground running with very little lag time getting up to speed.
Our analysts are the core of our team. They drive our agenda: determine the way we will cover a given area of interest, and engage with vendors, providers, policy makers, and pretty much every other type of healthcare stakeholder. These individuals are objective, insightful, and excellent writers passionate about healthcare reform and the improvement of care delivery. Our current need is for someone who can take lead on our analytics coverage.
- 3+ years of experience in the industry working directly with health IT products.
- You must enjoy writing and doing primary/secondary research to validate the positions you take in your published research. Please submit three 500 word writing samples with your application that demonstrate your ability to craft and defend a position.
- Critical thinking skills are essential! You will be looking at a rapidly changing market and need to be able to ascertain how current trends will affect future strategies and, in turn, how that may impact the adoption and use of IT.
- Ability to work within a team and be receptive to critical feedback. Becoming a Chilmark analyst takes time as we pride ourselves on the quality of our research and the reliability of our analysts – a skill that does not develop overnight.
- Confidence in your ability to predict where the market is headed, and what changes will occur along the way. Your prediction(s) must be based on sound logic or they will not stand the critiques of our readers (or your new teammates).
- Travel requirements will be minimal, but it will be expected that you attend major industry events like the HIMSS conference, occasional client conferences or on-site meetings, and our annual planning meeting in the Boston area. Expect no more than 10% travel.
We are currently looking to hire a junior-level marketing professional to take over the day-to-day tasks of building the brand of a content and services company. This role will start with a focus on executing on our current marketing tactics, which include promoting new content and webinars via social media and press releases. At an early stage the successful candidate will be expected to develop and propose adjustments to our current methods for brand promotion, coming up with new marketing campaigns, and strategizing ways to ensure our content is getting into the hands of key opinion leaders and decision makers in our field. We are also looking to build stronger relationships with journalists and popular media, building brand around our analysts, as well as event promotion for the events we are planning. There is a lot to do here, and a great opportunity for someone looking for a challenge and opportunity to quickly grow into a leadership role as the company continues to expand.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a marketing or healthcare discipline.
- 1-2 years of work experience in a marketing role.
- An understanding of Inbound vs Outbound marketing strategies and how each apply to our business.
- Strong social media marketing skills.
- Ability to run advertising campaigns on platforms like Google, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Strong problem solving and creative thinking skills.
- Confidence in your ability to deliver fresh, engaging experiences to build our funnel.
- A fundamental understanding of how the healthcare system functions.
- Ability to travel a couple times a year for industry events.
- Must be located in Boston or the surrounding area (able to commute to South Station).
Junior Research Analyst
Do you like reading and doing research? Like infographics and the startup world? We are actively recruiting to hire a junior level analyst to help with research side projects that don’t fall into our normal course of production but would contribute to educating the market via other means. The successful candidate would also assist analysts with research projects and consulting jobs that need extra hands on deck. You will be a utility player, with shifting responsibilities until experienced enough to take a more active role in our standard research projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business or health sciences related discipline
- 1-2 years work experience with some understanding of the healthcare IT industry
- Strong research and writing skills
- Ability to think creatively and work with designers to create graphics
- Based in Boston or the surrounding area
We are always looking for smart people to help us in our work. Internships can be tricky, though – often by the time the interns get up to speed, they are on their way back to school. We will accept applications for internships if you have a solid understanding of how the healthcare system works and want to learn more about the technologies enabling change. These positions will largely be research-focused, with opportunities to share your knowledge and passion for this industry through blog posts and potentially premium content delivered to our Chilmark Advisory Service clients – all industry leaders in their markets.